Monday, February 02, 2009

I wish to be reborn...

I wish to be reborn...
As a 'normal' guy,
Perhaps, life would be a lot easier.
And not so dry.

They say I'm abnormal.
I wonder, am I?
Why does it matter to me?
Why does it make me cry?

Why do I care so much...
About what the world says?
Why is it so hard to find...
The nights of my endless days?

Why am I born this way?
Is it a curse that haunts me?
Is it a bane of a misdeed?
Or a way in which life taunts me?

I've heard love exists everywhere.
Then, why is it hard to find?
Is it because I am not worth it,
Or because I am simply blind?

They say 'our' life is unnatural,
It would lead us nowhere.
It's a story of looks and lust,
Of loneliness and despair.

I've still not found love,
Not found the ONE.
Yet, I've not given up,
My work's still not done.

They tell me to get married,
To some hapless poor girl.
Why, on earth should I do that,
And let myself ruin her world?

Yet, I don't have the courage
To live lonely till I die,
Perhaps, I have to become a ruthless man
And cover up the truth with a lie.

I pray to God to show me the way,
So that I don't hurt anyone.
But more so, I pray for myself,
So that I can find that someone.

I don't have much time in hand,
To decide what's good for me.
A lie, a compromise, a dual life?
Or a life of love forever to be?

Even if I find love,
How do I know it'll stay forever?
Maybe it'll wither away too
Just like a bunch of roses together.

Oh lord, make me find my love
And make it last till I die,
Give me the wisdom and the courage
To make it worth the try.

I give myself this chance,
To try and find a reason to live,
Before I resign to destiny,
Let me spend as much love as I can give.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very moving!

Udayan Dhar said...

hey.. but our lives are much more FA-BU-LOUS than their's! cheers! :)