Tuesday, September 18, 2007

...and the night continues...

Love strikes you when you least expect it to! You seem to have lost your faith in the magic of love when Cupid strikes...and you're blown away by its sheer power!

We came back to our senses only when we realized that some car was driving towards us. We settled down in our seats and smiled at each other and then began to laugh and giggle! He started the car and we started to move again. Then he popped a question "Would you like to stay over at my place?" I was totally bowled over by the suddenness of the proposal and even though wanted to say "Yes" a million times over, I just managed to say "Aren't your folks around?" He smiled and said "Oh yes, they are but they wouldn't mind a guest." I still couldn't make up my mind and really began to wonder if it was really a good idea! But his eyes assured me and said "Don't worry, this night is going to be one magical night that you'll never forget." So, I said "OK". Soon our car stopped in front of a bungalow in Pali Hill. As he honked the car horn, a gate keeper came out and opened the gates for us. The car breezed in. As I looked outside from the car, I saw a beautiful building sitting in the middle of an equally beautiful lawn! I thought to myself, this guy surely has taste and smiled at my own destiny!

He parked the car in the garage and we got off the car. I had thought he would probably sneak me in, but no, he surprised me yet again! I could feel my heart beating faster as he held my hand and dragged me towards the main door. He rang the door bell. A few minutes of wait and a beautiful lady opened the door. It was clear to me that she was his mother. She must be in her fifties, her gray hair gave her an incredible dignity, her face had some wrinkles but she was looking as graceful as ever. What surprised me about her is that she seemed to be expecting us! She smiled at me and welcomed me inside. She was being a mother to me too! She asked me if I wanted to have something, if we had had dinner. Then she turned to him and said "Don't keep mama awake for so long to meet your date!!!" I was shocked!! My cheeks turned crimson. I didn't know where to hide. I just managed a sheepish smile. She obviously noticed my discomfort and re-assured me "Sweetheart, it's ok! I am glad that both of you are together. Anyway, I must head for sleeping now. You boys have a good night!" She waved us bye and headed for her bedroom!

He obviously sensed my amazement at the turn of events. He smiled, put his arms around my neck and asked "Are you surprised?" I said "You shouln't be asking that question! I am more than surprised!! This is like the ideal family to me!" He smiled and said "Well, its not been like this always! My Dad disapproved of my sexuality and even turned me out of the house! But my mom's been a sweetheart! That's why I spent five long years away from home! But last year my Dad died...and my mom was totally heart broken! She loved that man!! I thought it was my duty to come and stay with her after completing my studies! So, I came back! She was more than glad to welcome me!" I could sense that his voice choked as he spoke!

Whatever he said really moved me! I had always thought that rich people are probably the happiest people. But then, here was a guy who was hugely rich but had had his share of grief, sorrow and rejection! So, at some level, whether rich or poor, whether black or white, whether straight or gay, we are all the same!!!

Anyway, I couldn't speak much. I just went close to him and gave him a tight hug and he reciprocated too! We stood like that for some time and then he laughed and said "Are we going to spend the night here like this?" I was so lost in my thoughts that it took me a while to come back to my senses and I just laughed and said ..."You tell me, it's your night after all!" He cut me short and said "No, Jeet, it's OUR night! Come, let me show you my room!"

We climbed to the first floor of the bungalow and came to his room! His room was tastefully done! The room had lavendar walls, beautiful curtains, a soft plush bed, a TV with a Home Theatre system, an attached bath, a huge closet, a dressing table and a huge poster of himself just over the bed! Quite contrary to my expectations, the room was spotlessly clean! There were many scented candles of all shapes and sizes across the room! He had put up a chime next to a window and it produced a lovely sound as a gentle breeze rocked it!

He asked me..."How do you like it?" I said "Wow, your room is beautiful!" I flirted "But no wonder, a beautiful guy like you deserves such a beautiful room!" He giggled and said "Make yourself comfortable. You would need some night clothes, right? Let me get some for you!" He opened his closet and fished out a tee and a pair of shorts! he tossed them on to me and showed me the bathroom! "Go and get fresh. I will play some nice music for you..." I walked into the bathroom and began to get fresh!

When I came out, I found, he had switched off the lights and had lit all the candles and had started playing some fabulosly soft music..music that makes you forget everything and dance to its tunes! I came out of the bathroom in the shorts and the tee but he was still dressed as before. I just froze outside the bathroom door. Nothing could be more romantic than this! He looked at me and said "Like it?" I just blushed and nodded my head. What he did next was unbelievable. He came to me, went down on his knees and said, "Care to dance?" Before, I could even say Yes, he took me by my arms and we started to dance! WOw, this was really turning out to be the night of my dreams!!

The music played and we danced. We danced and danced. I looked at my reflection in his eyes and he looked at his in mine. We went on and on for I don't know how much time but soon we found that our lips had locked yet again...

He lifted me in his arms like a feather and put me down on the bed. He kissed me some more and said "Let me change into something more comfortable..." He stood up and as I saw him walk towards the bathroom, my heart skipped a beat! As the bathroom door closed behind him, I could feel that this night is going to leave me as a new person!

To be continued...

1 comment:

Crazy Sam said...

Very nicely written again.. But now I am beginning to feel that this is a fiction, coz real life can't be this perfect. Anyways, I'm enjoying the read and thanks for giving me this treat..