Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Quotable quotes from Page 3

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys.
Andrew G. Dehel


There's this illusion that homosexuals have sex and heterosexuals fall in love. That's completely untrue. Everybody wants to be loved.
Boy George

No government has the right to tell its citizens when or whom to love. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody.
Rita Mae Brown

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?
Ernest Gaines

There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats.
Elton John

Why can't they have gay people in the army? Personally, I think they are just afraid of a thousand guys with M16s going, "Who'd you call a faggot?"
John Stewart

If male homosexuals are called "gay," then female homosexuals should be called "ecstatic."
Shelly Roberts

When I was in the military they gave me a medal for killing two men and a discharge for loving one.
Epitaph of Leonard P.
Matlovich

It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's like disapproving of rain.
Francis Maude

Let my lusts be my ruin, then, since all else is a fake and a mockery.
Hart Crane

In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation.
Simone de Beauvoir

Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.
Woody Allen

People sometimes think I'm gay because I once played a gay in a movie. It's funny. Audiences don't think you're a murderer if you play a murderer, but they do think you're gay if you play a gay.
Perry King

Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people.
Martina Navratilova

My mom blames California for me being a lesbian. "Everything was fine until you moved out there." "That's right, Mom, we have mandatory lesbianism in West Hollywood. The Gay Patrol busted me, and I was given seven business days to add a significant amount of flannel to my wardrobe.
Coley Sohn

The next time someone asks you, "Hey, howdja get to be a homosexual anyway?" tell them, "Homosexuals are chosen first on talent, then interview... then the swimsuit and evening gown competition pretty much gets rid of the rest of them."
Karen Williams

If Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine Chapel would have been wallpapered.
Robin Tyler

The Lord is my Shepherd and he knows I'm gay.
Rev. Troy Perry

If adjustment is necessary, it should be made primarily with regard to the position the homosexual occupies in present-day society, and society should more often be treated than the homosexual.
Dr. Harry Benjamin

If horse racing is the sport of kings, then drag racing must be the sport of queens.
Bert R. Sugar

The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavner

My lesbianism is an act of Christian charity. All those women out there praying for a man, and I'm giving them my share.
Rita Mae Brown

Homosexuality is god's way of insuring that the truly gifted aren't burdened with children.
Sam Austin

I'd rather be black than gay because when you're black you don't have to tell your mother.
Charles Pierce

That word "lesbian" sounds like a disease. And straight men know because they're sure that they're the cure.
Denise McCanles

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants.
Lynn Lavner

My mother took me to a psychiatrist when I was fifteen because she thought I was a latent homosexual. There was nothing latent about it.
Amanda Bearse

Some women can't say the word lesbian... even when their mouth is full of one.
Kate Clinton

The world is not divided into sheeps and goats. Not all things are black nor all things white. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories. Only the human mind invents categories and tries to force facts into separated pigeon-holes. The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects. The sooner we learn this concerning sexual behaviour the sooner we shall reach a sound understanding of the realities of sex.
Alfred Kinsey

As long as society is anti-gay, then it will seem like being gay is anti-social.
Joseph Francis

No comments: