Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Questions of Love

Strange is thy love with thy words so pure,
You say you love me, I ask are you sure?
In they heart of hearts I know, though you maybe true,
Yet I don’t want to be insincere to you.
I love you so much, even I don’t know it’s depth,
But I do know the nights for you I wept.
Darling, I know I have suffered in your love, maybe so have you,
But let not this suffering continue, grow and worsen too.
Let’s reach some conclusion, you know we can’t hang like this for eternity,
Our love should stand for practicality, for freedom and responsibility.
Dear, we think we love each other, true, but then what next?
I mean, does it mean we’re ready to vow our lives for each other by the text?
If not, then why do we play with each other this game?
We both know, without each other our life wont be the same.
Then why do we hesitate to take this step, this oath of faith, this pledge,
Why do we feel in spite of our love, we’re on a precipice, on an edge?
We say we’ve committed our life for each other in holy dedication,
But still we irk at the thought of losing our individuality in this devotion!
Let’s not feign, not pretend we don’t value our peace of mind,
We both know love is accompanied with hassles of every kind.
When we say we’re in love, are we ready to share in the pain as well as joy?
Or is it we’re just looking for a sense of belonging, irrespective from a human or a toy?
Do we respect each other to an extent of compromise and utter sacrifice of self?
Or is it each of us expect the other to be flexible to the needs of the other self?
Tell me one thing, if love’s so complicated, are we game to take that challenge?
Or do we back off when we see obstacle, or on betrayal we turn to revenge?
These are questions we both have to answer, for ourselves if not for each other,
That are we so in love to be able to lose oneself, souls merge into one another?

1 comment:

iqu said...

call me 09832245951 i am at iit kgp